Saturday, February 25, 2006

Hangin' with Martha Stewart

Martha Stewart was in town signing books at Sur La Table. I went down there and got in line to wait to meet her and get her to sign my books! It was a long line, but I didn't care. It was however, very cold. Too cold to knit, although I did my best until my hands were numb.



While I was standing there flipping through my book, a photographer with the AP came and took my picture and it's on the Yahoo News site!

Here's my book!

It was cool to meet her and she was very nice and we chatted about how sweet it was of me to get a book for my mom who couldn't come up from Boise to go to the book signing with me. I told my mom how I stood in line and froze my butt off for her book. She said we were now even for the time when I was 7 and she got up at 4 a.m. to make sure I got a Cabbage Patch Kid for Christmas. You're right mom, we're even.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Excellent press coverage. ;)

Anonymous said...

How cool! I really wanted to go too, but had to work. I am so excited for you to have gotten to meet Martha, and how sweet to get the book signed for your mom.

Anonymous said...

You're famous!
We missed knitting with you yesterday.