Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a fun and safe New Years Eve! I've complied a few knitting goals for the new year. I've opted to share them so I can be held accountable.
  • Learn to knit socks.
  • Start and finish a grown up sweater for myself.
  • Learn to understand gauge (and when I do Sara, I promise to explain it to my non-knitting readers - I just don't get it now and sadly it shows in my knitting.)
  • Use patterns that are in knitting books I already own.
  • Knit down the stash.
  • Do more challenging projects.
  • Teach Rebecca to live with the mistakes in my knitting as I do. They aren't really mistakes as "design features."
  • Finish the Irish Hiking Scarf which was started over a year a go.

3 comments:

Rebecca Mongrain said...

I like all of these goals except the one where I have to learn to live with mistakes! Not sure I'm hip with that.

Shawn S. said...

Yay! Those sound great and quite achievable (oh how we talk about achievable goals when we teach that concept to our students - or else they resolve to win a million dollars or something like that!!!).

I can't wait to be educated on gauge!!!! :) -Sara

Brianne said...

I'm with you on the resolution to use patterns from books that I already have! It's just sooooo easy to forget that I have a lot of wonderful books full of great patterns.