Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Vacation Pics!

The view from our deck across from hole 1 of the golf course and Lake Cascade.

It was a fabulous fun time in Cascade, Idaho! It felt like I had never left. One of the many things I love about Cascade is how relaxing it can be. I did a lot of reading, hanging out with friends and family, and oh, out fishing my dad! Not to brag, but within 10 minutes of throwing the first cast I had landed two Rainbow Trout. Then it did get a little slow, then Matt caught a fish, then we headed in. Our second day out on the water, I once again, out fished dad. What can I say, I learned from the best!

Here are my two favorite fisherman....too bad I caught all the fish!
I love a good small town parade and their floats! But the crowd had gotten much larger over the years. I don't remember that many people along the street when I was a kid.


And another treat for my trip, was visits with friends who were in the area to celebrate the 4th! Like cute little Kellan, who makes a silly face on command for pics!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting that Kellan's famed "silly face" made the blog! Especially since you had so many great pics from your trip! I'm so glad you got to get in some good Cascade time, and I'm even happier that we were able to get together -- if only we could do it more often!!

Sara K. said...

I loved ALL of the pictures (the fam didn't make it on to the blog...loved that one!). And I really love the parade. Bunco Babes! Someday I will be on a float like that! I missed seeing a hometown parade on the 4th! Way to go with that fish...you definitely still have it!!! -S

IdahoGirls said...

Looks like a blast Meg. I loved the Bunco Babes too - and Sara you will never be on a float that says that we won't let you. Will we Meg???

Jen said...

It looks like you had a great time in Cascade. Isha and I are headed to McCall next week and I can't wait!