Monday, January 19, 2009

A Crafty Weekend

I was lucky enough to have a three day weekend, which meant plenty of time for some good ol'craftiness!Saturday's afternoon plans were unexpectedly cancelled, which meant some good sewing time for me since the hubby was out snowboarding. I whipped up another Simple Tote for a sweet little girl who recently turned two! I'm just extending her birthday joy. It's best she learn early that Auntie Meggie can be a bit slow. Then I was able to start (and finish on Sunday) a baby hat for a coworkers first baby.

Hat: Children's Cotton Hat from Last Minute Knitted Gifts
Yarn: Mission Fall Cotton
(I added a stripe instead of the bow since it's for a baby boy).

Sunday was full of organizing, rearranging and clearing up lots of space for new craftiness!

And Monday, was meeting the girls at Nana's for soup and knitting. However, while the food and conversation were fabulous the knitting, was not. I had casted on for a new hat for myself, but the yarn I picked wasn't ideal. So I opted for project two. Only the pattern was back home. But thankfully, I had the day off so I simply ran over to my LYS and bought better yarn. Now the project is back on track and ready to be tackled this week. Picture to come soon.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Look at you, Ms. Crafty! I love the stripe on the hat. And what a cute bag. She's going to love it.

Holli said...

Love the crafty weekend update! I had one myself too. That darling yellow baby hat is too cute! Your coworker is going to LOVE it.

Sara K. said...

Nice work Megs! I love it! :) S