Thursday, October 19, 2006

Another Knitting Group

Last night I was finally able to check out the Seattle Knitters Guild. Jessica did a fantastic job with her first month of the presidency of the guild. I met several new fabulous knitters including Ryan and learned more about The Dulaan Project. I've decided to sign up to knit five objects for her cause! It's the least I can do since charity knitting was one of my goals this year and so far I've knitted one baby hat (that was originally a gift until I decided I didn't like it too much) and a hat for a teenager. I also volunteer to knit squares for blankets for homeless people and received a free skein of yarn for the project - that was in July. So far the only thing the skein and I have produce is guilt. But I'm excited to make that change for children!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cool project! Knitting hats for Mongolian children, I love it! way to go Meg!

Jessica said...

Thank you!:)