Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Bah Humbug!

That's right. Bah Humbug! After getting all excited about my holiday gift projects, I ran out, got yarn and started. It did not go well. Turns out there was a measuring issue with the gauge swatch for Matt's hat that (Miss Rebecca, any ideas there, hmmmmm?). I started and ripped out three times before I threw it in the knitting bag for a time out. I then picked up the yarn for my dad's gaiter. I started the gauge swatch and two rows into it I realized, the yarn was so fine, it was going to take me freakin' forever to do the pattern. So out of disgust (and possibly very little patience) I tossed that into time out too. So what does any knitter do who is bent on holiday knitting? That's right, start a great project for herself! I'm working on the Purl scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts in three great shades of pink and berry! It'll be an early holiday present to myself! Picture to come later....

No comments: