Friday, October 20, 2006

Knitting Envy and Rebecca's Tortuous Ways

Rebecca has knitting envy for a my Purl Scarf. After talking about how fabulous my beautiful berry scarf is that I'm working on, she decided it was time to buy the yarn to make hers! We met at Hilltop last night where I helped her find fabulous colors for her scarf. She was a bit excited (who can blame her, making a scarf like me) so I had to have her calm down and concentrate on the colors. I know Rebecca, a.k.a. Speed Picker, I know her ways, I know her competitive edge towards knitting (may I remind all my faithful readers about the Grommet Bag Knit-A-Long?) so I knew she's run right home and start knitting in an attempt to beat me to the scarf finish line. Around 10 p.m. last night, the picture and text emails over the phone started. And they continue to taunt me on her blog. The worst part about all of this; she's off of work today and I'm stuck here at the office without my knitting!

1 comment:

Rebecca Mongrain said...

One should always carry thier knitting with them in a yarn war...