Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Tis' the Season

Fall has arrived in the Pacific Northwest and it is beautiful! The leaves are beginning to change into a rainbow of colors. The air is crisp and cool. And I'm ready to pull out my scarves and even start making a few more. But it's time for me to start working on my knitted holiday gifts! My original plan was to start working on my holiday gifts on August 1. However, I got a bit distracted on July 29 (that's when I got engaged) and haven't given much thought about the projects until now. So with two months of knitting time gone, I've drastically reduced my knitted gift list. I've decided to knit something for my dad for the first time. I'm thinking about knitting him a gaiter that he can wear while working in his shop or doing some winter fishing. Whatever pattern I decide to go with, I need to get on it! Other items keep creeping on the 'To Knit List'!

Editors note: I came up with the plan to start knitting holiday gifts on Aug. 1 while frantically finishing a scarf for last Christmas at 12:30 a.m. Christmas morning. I seem to be heading down that path again.

3 comments:

IdahoGirls said...

Enough of this knitting talk. I want the wedding talk instead. Come on spill the plans. Or is it a secret??? Signed, A Disgruntled Reader (who by the way is to over the broken candy jar lid - I read your comment!!)

Shawn S. said...

She gets a little feisty sometimes!!! But I better be careful with that comment...since I do as well!!!!

I am game for some more wedding chatter as well!!! :)

Meg said...

Wedding is still in the beginning stages, once I get a date set we're good to go! Becareful what you wish for, you could be begging me for more knitting talk!