Monday, May 04, 2009

Adventures in Lace Knitting: Part Four - Sucking it up & ripping it out

Thanks to everyone for your support during these, um, challenging lace knitting times. All of your suggestions were quite encouraging, helpful and funny - giving me some much needed laughs!

But I've made my decsion - thanks to some consultation with some Purly Girls tonight - I'm ripping out the whole darn thing. You can't really see my YO in the lace so they sugessted I move up a few sizes in needles. Hopefully that will help. And getting all the stitches right. That should help too.

Stand by for the next portion of this journey.

3 comments:

Holli said...

Meg - you've made the right decision. I didn't have the heart to give it to you straight in yesterday's comment, but really -- this is the way to go. If you want to really love and wear the garment -- you've got to make it the way you want it.

xoxo

Sara K. said...

Best of luck! -S

Shannon said...

Yeah, sometimes the best thing to do is also the hardest. I think there's a life lesson in there somewhere.

Fingers crossed for your success going forward!